The VOX Initiative is a comprehensive curriculum project empowering voices against human trafficking. Moral values will be the foundation of VOX Initiative with an emphasis on gender equality, the empowerment of women, sexual health and safety, as well as the dangers of human trafficking.
This is being developed for classroom and digital implementation. Every opportunity to reinforce the curriculum to students will be maximized through the use of digital elements (web and mobile applications) as well as off-campus activities. Our development team is currently in the process of writing the curriculum.
The VOX Initiative is not just a curriculum, but a cause. The materials and subject matter will equip students to recognize, understand and battle against the evils of human trafficking, and to avoid the vulnerabilities and reckless behaviors that could lead them into personal danger. VOX Initiative has the potential to be taught in schools nationwide reaching students in urban and rural areas, in both privileged and under-privileged groups.
The purpose of this curriculum is to teach the following topics:
- Value of human life: respect and dignity of women and the role of men to honor and protect them
- Sexual health: encouraging a zero risk behavior towards their sexual health by exposing the emotional and physical consequences of reckless behaviors and by giving positive reinforcement regarding the beauty and benefits of sexual intimacy in the confines of a marriage relationship
- Scope of human trafficking: its magnitude and reach, causes and consequences, identification of perpetrators, and provision of an action plan to fight trafficking and change the identity of India as a dangerous place for women.
Project Update – February, 2017
- Our development team is nearing the completion of writing the twelve module curriculum.
- We are currently partnering with educational institutions in the United States, India, and the UK for the launch of VOX Initiative.
- We are welcoming vendor and partnership proposals for online content development and media platforms.
- Additional funding is needed for the next phase of our development. Please direct your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org